Public and media relations
Every company wants to tell its story. Sharing your story through business and trade media, industry analysts and social media are still among the best ways. News releases, interviews, contributed articles, blogs, and social media campaigns help to get consistent messages out to target audiences and engage them in a two-way dialogue. A blend of traditional and social media outreach will help the right people notice your organization. Here are a few examples:
- Manufacturers Use Innovative Celanese Polymers to Keep Fluids, Materials and Power Moving (Celanese news release)
- Celanese Encourages ‘Revolution over Evolution’ in Keynote at Auto Engineering Plastics Conference
- Colorado Awards HP $116 Million Medicaid Contract
- HP Helps Ericsson Transform IT Environment
- AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Chooses PeopleAnswers to Select Employees to Drive Growth
No matter how well an organization plans, bad news can surface. Sometimes it’s real. Sometimes it’s speculative or perceived. Software failure, cyber theft, terrorism or acts of nature, global pandemics, data or hazardous waste leaks, or any kind of security breach can cause unrecoverable trust issues. Speculation about real or possible impact to people or the environment can swing out of control fast. So can losing employees or a top executive.
Preparing to tackle each potential issue before it becomes a crisis is critical for any organization whether it’s public, private, nonprofit, educational, or a government agency. Starting with a positive image will create the right foundation for rebuilding trust, and a strong social media presence will help get the facts out fast.
Telling a company’s story well isn’t as easy as it seems. It takes knowing the target audience and telling your story in a sincere way so the right people will listen, understand and act. The best results are more than media mentions and articles. They also include your top messages. A client or industry influencer telling the story for you is even better.
A solid, up-to-date communication strategy makes this happen faster and more effectively. Setting goals. Identifying target audiences. Determining tactics. Engaging with your target audiences. Each is a critical part of your strategy. Carrying out your plan also takes finesse. Carefully crafting messages. Engaging the media and other influencers with compelling facts. Creating a unique experience for everyone who interacts with you or attends your event. It’s all in the technique.
Instead of just announcing a new product or service, you help your clients envision themselves using it to achieve their goals or their dreams. That’s the secret to a good marketing strategy. And you have to know your audience well to do it right. After that, picking the best ways to reach and engage with them, and then measuring how well you do are equally as important. The outcome can be powerful.
Developing content doesn’t just mean choosing your words. It’s all about how those words make readers feel and what they do in response. Whether they are spoken words for a video script or speech or written in a news release, blog or web copy, there is an art to business writing that doesn’t include a collection of complicated words and difficult concepts.
Telling your story and expressing exactly what you mean with examples to illustrate theory makes writing interesting and concise. Readers feel it’s sincere. Whether people read or hear these words, they are the ones people will remember. Here are a few examples:
- Equity Leadership Academy for States including intro brochure, Pilot Highlights, and Pilot Executive Summary and Recommendations
- Landing page and content including Deliver a consumer-like employee experience brochure copy; two videos – Use virtual assistants to create a consumer-grade HR experience for employees and Empower employees with a superior service experience (script, production mgmt)
- A CEO’s journey to the future of business video script, production management
- A Human Difference, the chemistry behind our culture of stewardship sustainability report copy
- Simplify testing and tracking with automation demo video with more than 34K views
- Why Sound Matters ghost-written position paper
- Traditionally published fiction author, visit Carol’s author website
Copyright © 2021 Carol Barreyre